There’s plenty of places in Austin where you can grab a great beer, but when you are looking to try something new, I always look for a few things
- Large selection of beers, and not just twenty kinds of Lone Star
- Knowledgeable staff, If I can give them my tastes and they give me a beer I love, I’m going to go back
- Taster pours, I’m trying something new, and a pint can be overkill, just a small taste will let me know if a beer is up my alley
- Other beer lovers in abundance, need someone to boast about the delicious new beer I just tried
The Gingerman delivers all those needs in abundance, making it a regular haunt for me when I am looking to try a new beer, domestic or abroad. It’s standard local craft selection and dart board setup also makes it a great spot for after work too, when I’m just looking to lay back and relax a little.
As soon as you walk through the doors of the Gingerman in Austin, beer lovers will feel at home. The darker interior, couches, and long barfly friendly seating area are crafted for the beer drinker. The outside seating area even more so, set up back yard style, with a ton of bench seating housed inside it’s walled courtyard area.
The beer selection at the Gingerman is always fantastic. The mix of great local craft regulars and an ever changing menu of over 50 beers from home and abroad. It really doesn’t matter what kind of beer you like, and in many cases, if you don’t like beer at all. There will nearly always be a beer here that you will love.
To help you find the beer of your dreams, the bar staff at the Gingerman won’t just choose a beer for you, they will talk to you for a long time narrowing down what you love to pick the beer you need to try. If you want to know more about the beer, many of them will even be able to tell you about the brewery that concocted it, and what makes it special!
The crowd is very much what you would expect from a beer bar, though the ambiance certainly changes Thursday- Saturday, when the downtown Austin party crowd is out. Even then though, expect to run in to a few serious beer nerds checking out the latest selection or their hard to find favorites.
If you love your beer, and the slight dingy-ness of a true beer drinkers establishment, this is definitely a spot you need to check out in Austin!
Latest posts by Oliver Whitham (see all)
- Comprehensive List of Austin Co-Working Spots by Region - August 23, 2015
- Local Gaming Company Meshes it’s Latest Release Rome 2030 with Crypto Currency - August 22, 2015
- How to Deal with the Texas Floods - May 28, 2015